Behind the Algorithm | Through a sociological approach, this project contributes to the research on algorithms by focusing on the humans behind them. Research question: What logics inform the practices of designing and programming algorithms? The question will be answered through a study on software engineers and their intentions.
Collaborative Future Making | Critical Imagination and Worldly Engagements | The Collaborative Future Making researcher network addresses the crisis of democracy of our age. It does so through refining participatory processes in which alternative futures can be articulated and debated. The network has around thirty members from four faculties at Malmö University who share a specific interest in interdisciplinarity and in the integration of conceptualization, critique and practice.
Living Archives | A project that critically engages with cultural heritage and archiving processes associated with mobile media, open data, storytelling and performance. The project prototypes how digital archives can become resources for social and cultural change. The project analyzes archival practices in the context of digitized society and networked technologies.
Below are Medea associated projects that either have been completed or have taken off in new directions without Medea’s involvement. Presented in reverse chronological order. For a more detailed introduction to each project, see the category page ‘projects completed’.
- Traffic Jam Session
- The Data Innovation Arena
- MIL in Malmö: Methods, information, and learning as tools for integration
- Elis: Mobile services for energy efficiency in existing buildings
- Internet of Sports: Planning grant awarded
- Musikalsk Oplevelsesdesign
- Connectivity Lab
- Making Futures: Marginal Notes on Innovation, Design and Democracy
- Evolution M: Strukturfondsmedel till förinkubator
- AffeXity – Geospatial tagging using AR browser Argon
- Internet of Things 3.0: Medea och Mobile Heights får Vinnovastöd
- The Right to Your Voice: New Musical Instruments, Environments and Creativity
- Open Arena 5
- Journal of X and Z
- Mediated Body
- Alone or Not
- Social Choreographies
- Beyond the Book
- Cross-media music service
- Book on Collaborative Media – to be published 2013
- Flattr: Collaboration for International Expansion
- Living Lab Fabriken
- Media Places
- Periphèria: "Smart" cities working together
- News Media Concept Lab
- Emues: Crowdsourcing concerts
- Granny’s Dancing on the Table
- Local Participatory Innovation Practices
- Living Lab the Stage
- Living Lab the Neighbourhood
- Substrate: Where Knowledge Grows
This page was created on 10 March 2010 and last revised on 12 December 2018. View page history.