This is where we keep track of internally related issues.
» Use DL-AFM@mah.se to send emails to all researchers affiliated with (or interested in) the Collaborative Future Making platform
These are some of the books and articles that have been mentioned in seminars and workshops:
- John Law. 2004. After Method: Mess in Social Science Research. Routledge.
- Celia Lury & Nina Wakefield. 2012. Inventive Methods: The Happening of the Social. Routledge.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb. 2007. The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable. Random House.
- Merton & Barber. 2006. The Travels and Adventures of Serendipity: A Study in Sociological Semantics and the Sociology of Science. Princeton University Press.
- Andrea Botero & Sanna Marttila. 2017. “Infrastructuring for Cultural Commons.” Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW).
- Bruce Evan Goldstein (ed.) 2011. Collaborative Resilience: Moving Through Crisis to Opportunity. MIT Press.
- Kate Raworth. 2017. Doughnut Economics: Seven Ways to Think Like a 21st-Century Economist. Chelsea Green Publishing.
- Roberto Esposito. 2012. Third Person: Politics of Life and Philosophy of the Impersonal. Polity.
- Nigel Thrift & Ash Amin. 2013. Arts of the Political: New Openings for the Left. Duke University Press.
- George Lakoff. 2004. Don’t Think of an Elephant!: Know Your Values and Frame the Debate—The Essential Guide for Progressives. Chelsea Green Publishing.
- Helen Verran. 1998. “Re-imagining land ownership in Australia.” Postcolonial Studies.
- Rebecca Solnit. 2010. A Paradise Built in Hell: The Extraordinary Communities That Arise in Disaster. Penguin.
- Donna Haraway. 2016. Staying with the Trouble: Making Kin in the Chthulucene. Duke University Press.
- Kristina Lindström & Åsa Ståhl. 2015. “Figurations of spatiality and temporality in participatory design and after: networks, meshworks and patchworking.” CoDesign.
References (from the original network proposal)
Emilson, A. (2015). “Design in the space between stories: Design for social innovation and sustainability – from responding to societal challenges to preparing for societal collapse.” PhD diss., Malmö University.
Gerst, M. D., Raskin, P. D., & Rockström, J. (2013). “Contours of a resilient global future”. Sustainability, 6(1), 123-135.
Giddens, A. (2009). The politics of climate change. Cambridge: Polity Press.
Klein, Naomi (2015). This changes everything: Capitalism versus the climate. New York: Simon & Schuster.
Lafferty, W (2012). “Governance for sustainable development. The impasse of dysfunctional democracy” in Meadowcroft J, Langhelle O and Ruud A (eds.): Governance, democracy and sustainable development: moving beyond the impasse. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
Tainter, J. A. (2006). “Social complexity and sustainability”. Ecological complexity, 3(2), 91-103.
Thrift, Nigel and Ash Amin (2013). Arts of the Political. Duke University Press.
Ward, H. (2012). The future of democracy in the face of climate change. London: Foundation for democracy and sustainable development.
Page last updated on 17 January 2019.