Cuartielles, David & Andreas Göransson. (2013). Professional Android Open Accessory Programming with Arduino. Indianapolis, Indiana: Wiley.
ABOUT – Android Open Accessory is a new, simple, and secure protocol for connecting any microcontroller-empowered device to an Android smartphone or tablet. This Wrox guide shows Android programmers how to use AOA with Arduino, the microcontroller platform, to control such systems as lighting, air conditioning, and entertainment systems from Android devices. Furthermore, it teaches the circuit-building skills needed to create games and practical products that also take advantage of Android technology.
- Introduces Android Open Accessory and shows how to set up the hardware and development environment
- Explains how to code both Android and Arduino elements of an accessory
- Features four complete projects developers can build using various sensors and indicators/actuators, including source code
- Gives Android developers the tools to create powerful, sophisticated projects
- Professional Android Open Accessory with Android ADK and Arduino opens exciting new opportunities for Android developers.
This book is a Wrox Professional guide, which and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. They address the issues technology professionals face every day and provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.